RESEARCH-PRACTICE PARTNERSHIPS, long-term mutually beneficial
formalized collaborations between education researchers and practitioners,
are a promising strategy for producing more relevant research,
improving the use of research evidence in decision making,
and engaging both researchers and practitioners to tackle problems of practice.
Although promising, research-practice partnerships are challenging to create and difficult to maintain.
NNERPP aims to develop, support, and connect research-practice partnerships in education to improve their productivity.
NNERPP is a professional learning community for RPPs working in education.
We currently have 46 members in our network, reflecting a wide variety of approaches to the work.
The NNERPP RPP Knowledge Clearinghouse contains a curated collection of resources to help you with your education RPP efforts.
“New edition of NNERPP Extra out now:
Just released: The first edition of Volume 2 of NNERPP | Extra is out now! We are so excited to be back with a brand-new volume of our quarterly magazine. We feel honored that you are back with us for another round — and equally honored if you are just now joining us here. Even as we worry about the considerable impact of COVID-19 on education, we hope to offer in this edition a reminder of the difference we can make as we work collaboratively at the intersection of education research, policy, and practice. Kicking off Volume 2, this issue shares the following articles:
- Research Insights: We take you through a tour of the different ways research-practice partnerships in NNERPP are studying school climate.
- RPP Deep Dive: We explore the question ‘Should RPPs be responsible for producing generalizable knowledge?’ from different perspectives.
- Extra Credit: Spotlight: We learn why taking an RPP approach to Computer Science work can be particularly powerful.
- Improving Improvement: We introduce a new four-part series featuring the work of Proving Ground in this new section.
- Research Headlines: We share a roundup listing all of our members’ research from the past quarter
NNERPP | Extra is a quarterly magazine aiming to deliver key insights from the intersection of education research, policy, and practice and thus build deeper connections across the RPP field.
- Research Interns [added 3/20/20]
- Human Services Research Analyst [added 3/11/20]
Chicago Public Schools
Computer Science Data Strategist [added 3/2/20]
- Managing Director, Research and Evaluation [added 2/24/20]
Research Alliance for New York City Schools
Tennessee Department of Education
- Research Analyst [added 2/10/20]
Boston Public Schools
- External Research Manager [added 2/5/20]
Evanston Township High School District 202
- Research Analyst [added 1/17/20]
The Learning Partnership
- STEM Equity Postdoctoral Fellowship [added 1/14/20]
UChicago Consortium on School Research
University of Missouri
- Director for the Institute of Public Policy [added 11/1/19]
Education Policy Innovation Collaborative
- Research Associate [added 10/16/19]
Kinder Institute for Urban Research
6100 Main St. MS-258
Houston, TX 77005-1827