RESEARCH-PRACTICE PARTNERSHIPS, long-term mutually beneficial
formalized collaborations between education researchers and practitioners,
are a promising strategy for producing more relevant research,
improving the use of research evidence in decision making,
and engaging both researchers and practitioners to tackle problems of practice.
Although promising, research-practice partnerships are challenging to create and difficult to maintain.
NNERPP aims to develop, support, and connect research-practice partnerships in education to improve their productivity.
NNERPP is a professional learning community for RPPs working in education.
We currently have 37 members in our network, reflecting a wide variety of approaches to the work.
The NNERPP RPP Knowledge Clearinghouse contains a curated collection of resources to help you with your education RPP efforts.
Just released: The Spring edition of NNERPP | Extra is out now! In this second installment, we share three new articles with you, covering everything from English learners to evidence-based decision-making in practice, to tips and advice on how to launch a research-practice partnership:
- RESEARCH INSIGHTS: Exploring English Learners’ Time to Proficiency Through Two RPPs
- RPP DEEP DIVE: What Are The Dimensions of District Capacity That Enable Effective Evidence-Based Decision-Making?
- EXTRA CREDIT | HOW TO: How to Launch a Research-Practice Partnership
Want to see the entire issue all at once? Find the PDF here!
NNERPP | Extra is a quarterly magazine aiming to deliver key insights from the intersection of education research, policy, and practice and thus build deeper connections across the RPP field. NNERPP released its very first edition this past January.
University of Southern California
- Postdoctoral Scholar [added 05/10/19]
Houston Education Research Consortium
- Research Analyst [added 04/29/19]
Waterloo Community School District
Results for America
- Associate, Education and Workforce Development [added 04/01/19]
To&Through Project / UChicago Consortium
Education Policy Innovation Collaborative
Southern Methodist University
- Model School Project Director [added 03/11/19]
Research Alliance for New York City Schools
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Associate Commissioner, Statewide System of Support [added 02/11/19]
Tennessee Education Research Alliance
- Research Specialist [added 02/04/19]
Kinder Institute for Urban Research
6100 Main St. MS-258
Houston, TX 77005-1827